Saturday, June 18, 2005

So there I was...

... Standing in line at the grocery store with my loaf of bread - that's all - and the lady ahead of me is all scanned and getting ready to write her check. A CHECK???? I'm thinking to myself, "This is not going to be quick." I was right. She had to flip through about 20 duplicates to get to the next in her sequence. This of course took forever and I have no patience and neither do my two kids. THEN she had to find the piece of paper to put under that check. THEN she had to flip through half of them again to get back to the spot in the checkbook that she lost looking for her piece of paper.

Now we come to another classic. She had to ask" How much was it again?" LOOK AT THE FUCKING SCREEN IN FRONT OF YOU!!! The kids are whining and I am about to finish writing the check for her since I have now celebrated 2 birthdays waiting for her to complete her transaction. Finally after what seemed to be a year and a half, she finished writing out her $13.49 check.

My point is this... I am going to run for state senate on the platform that anyone who holds up an EXPRESS line or who has 22 items in the "12 items or fewer line" can be shot on sight.

Who's with me??

6 Comments:

Blogger Dirty Gypsy said...

Oooh! Oooh! Pick me as your running mate! I could think of TONS more people who could be shot on sight. And not just people "caught trespassin'". Heh. Sorry.

3:37 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

Uh I'm out since the steph would have me listed on "the people to be shot on sight" list

11:05 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

Gee, who would have guessed Roy really wants to be a lady?*sarcasm*

Whoa everyone that was a rhetorical question, settle down.

5:18 PM  
Blogger Mossy Stone said...

Gawd, who writes checks anymore? Even more, who accepts them? Up here in the Great White North, we're in love with our debit cards so most places won't even touch a cheque/check.

9:05 AM  
Blogger Captain Icehole said...

That is very true. Checks are nearly extinct. My kids may never remember seeing them! Ha ha ha!

7:21 AM  
Blogger Penny said...

Mossy's right. I don't even carry my chequebook anymore. If they don't do debit cards, Mastercard or Visa, I just don't shop there.

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home