Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Happy Wednesday is a bust again.

Happy Wednesday is a recent tradition that started due to two facts. 1) Larry moved back home and 2) no one can handle working with Jodie, Roger and myself. How do these tie in? Glad you asked.

Our Wednesday night crew consists of two managers, Roger and I and a cashier, Jodie. Jodie should be a manager but that is another gripe for anouther day. Anyway, some of the things that we have done include superball fights, various puck throwing events (including getting Larry's sock stuck in the rafters), broomball, cheese throwing (at each other), and many others that I don't recall of the top of my head. Larry has joined the fun not as an employee, but as a visitor. Roger is not usually there late anymore because he now has to be in early everyday. Therefore, Jodie, Larry and I are truely the three stooges. Which is good because nobody can handle Jodie and I - except Roger and Larry and vice versa. I really wish Roger was still with us.

Jodie takes a two week vacation every year and last year we had to fill her slot with another cashier who we nearly made cry from our antics. She still complains about those two weeks a year later. As I write this, Jodie is on her vacation for the last two Wednesdays hopefully having fun. Larry has had to be up at 3am for the last two Wednesdays. I have been by myself for the last two Wednesdays... BORED TO TEARS!!!

Happy Wednesdays usually end with a trip to Steak n Shake where we pester the poor waitress. I am really missing my two Happy Wednesday buddies. Without them, Wednesdays are just another day. However, next Wednesday, with Jodie back and Larry having normal hours - hopefully, we will be back in business and I will be able to make it through the night without yawning every 30 seconds!! Oh, and I'm sure we will have done something that we should have fired for!!!


2 Comments:

Blogger Captain Icehole said...

call me up brother! You are always welcome!!

7:19 AM  
Blogger Larry said...

If it weren't for that pesky thing called sleep, I would have been there.

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home