Wednesday, June 29, 2005

My sister's softball team

My sister, Meghan, is on an adult (18 and over) recreational softball team. This is one of the worst teams ever assembled. There are two good players on the team, Meghan and her friend, Colleen. They usually get stomped about 30-0 (no exaggeration).

The team that they played Monday night looked like a much stronger and more athletic team. They had a very involved coach, so I thought that they were going to kill Meghan's team. He was showing them who should cover the bases and when and where to throw. Meghan's team has a coach, but I don't think I have seen him coach. He posts the lineup and then keeps score.

Meghan's team has a second baseman that broke a nail on a play last week and then proceeded to take care of her finger while the batter rounded second and went to third!! Their left fielder does not run for a ball until it goes over her head. Until that point she will just watch it fly over her. When a ball goes into the outfield, the outfielders will look at each other like, "Hey, I got the last one." When they bat, most of them look like they are barely able to hold the 34 ounce bat up. To ask them to swing is far too much exertion!!

On Monday night though, with all of the planets in whatever formation they were in, Meghan's team pulled out a 21-14 victory!! For a while I was thinking that I was in an alternate softball universe. I was looking for Ashton Kutcher because I was certain that I was being Punk'd. Meghan's team winning????

I was confident that all was right in the world, though, when with one out to go, the left fielder pulled up her shirt to look at her bellybutton ring!!! That's right. You read that correctly - she pulled up her shirt in the field while the game was going on TO LOOK AT HER BELLYBUTTON RING!!!

Congratulations, Meghan. That may be the only one for awhile!

1 Comments:

Blogger Larry said...

Poor megs. I couldn't do it unless everyone on the team was a friend of mine and even then I just don't know.

8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home