Saturday, December 31, 2005

Cool Goalie Helmet Artwork

I have been facinated with the artwork on goalie helmets for a long, long time. A few years ago I wanted to start a website dedicated to that subject. It was not until very late December 2005 that I actually took pictures of any helmets. With the help of Kevin and Jody B., I was able to photograph the helmets of Curtis Sanford and Jason Bacashihua of the Blues and Jean-Sebastien Giguere and Ilya Bryzgalov of the Ducks.

I will run one set of pictures each day of one of the masks. The first set is Curtis Sanford. He features a wizard with a wand on the right side and an orb on the left that has a Bluenote inside and "Sandman" across the throat. I did not get a picture of it yet, but he also has what appears to be Chinese lettering on the back of the helmet. These are the worst pictures of the set of four masks, so the rest will be much better! Enjoy.


1 Comments:

Blogger Dirty Gypsy said...

Have to say, I'm not crazy about the wizard. He doesn't look nearly as bad-ass as he should. It looks like the helmet says, "Back when I was your age...I used to do this standing on my head!" or something. I just think goalie helmets should generally be more intimidating than that. I don't know.

But I think that's just me.

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home