Thursday, July 28, 2005

The Emasculation of Joe

After going and playing hockey this evening, I had to run by the store to pick up a bag of cat food. I really love dogs, but because my wife had a cat then we acquired a kitten after we were married, I have been thrown into the role of cat owner. I was standing in the checkout line when I saw one of the cashiers who worked at the grocery store back when I was employed there. She of course notices that I have cat food and says, "I didn't know you have a cat." I tell her that we have two and she asks how my dog is. Unfortunately my dog passed away about 2 years ago. He was a big but lovable Chesapeake Bay Retriever. Now I have two cats.

At this point, I have gone from honing out with the guys at the rink and acting like idiots and cracking on each other to talking about my cats. I thought that this would have been the low point. I was wrong.

I came home and my lovely wife, who is a bridesmaid in my brother and sister-in-law's wedding, tells me that I need to exfoliate her back. Huh? What in the hell do I know about exfoliating? I think about this for a second tell her, "Oh, hell no!"

So... Apparently now her back is cleansed and very smooth. I don't quite get it, but I am not under the misconception that I need to know.

So, now I am sure that I have been completely emasculated for the night... I'm sorry hold on one second... Yeah, I have to go. Kathy needs me to help with the self-tanner.

5 Comments:

Blogger Pumpkin Nutz said...

Joe, dont worry, your manhood is safe with me! By the way! I have 3 cats...yes 3 cats, that of which one is afraid of its own shadow, the other is bolemic, and the other eats all the damn time! THere is no reason for that comment, cept that...i dont know, just thought u wanted to know.

2:27 PM  
Blogger Dirty Gypsy said...

Ha ha ha! Poor, poor Joe. I think that you need to slam a few beers and mow your lawn drunk or something to get your masculinity back. :)

And why does it not surprise me that all 3 of Timmy's cats are crazy??

2:55 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

And why do I believe that no one's manhood is safe with Timmy?

Joe, you're such a bitch. I know. I've been there.

6:16 PM  
Blogger Captain Icehole said...

No offense, Peanut. You are ALWAYS included!! BTW, wait til you hear about the weekend everyone!

10:42 AM  
Blogger Larry said...

waiting impatiently. I want to know how the speech went.

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home