Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Gone is Prongs

At about 1 a.m. Wednesday, the Blues announced a trade with the Edmonton Oilers in which Chris Pronger was traded for Eric Brewer, Doug Lynch and Jeff Woywitka.

On the surface, I am not completely disappointed by the trade. However, if the red line is removed from the game, it would have been nice to have Prongs on our team. He had one of the best, if not THE best, outlet pass in the game today.

Brewer is 26 (Pronger is 30) with 6 seasons under his belt. He was an All-Star in 2003 and was on the gold medal winning Canadian hockey team in the 2002 Olympics.

Lynch is 22 and Woywitka is 21. Lynch has appeared in 2 NHL games while Woywitka has yet to see any NHL time.

I guess we will see...

5 Comments:

Blogger Pumpkin Nutz said...

Thats a little disappointing for me. I'm a pretty big pronger fan... For the most part. I'm ok with the trade though. Like you said. we'll see.

9:25 AM  
Blogger Dirty Gypsy said...

Pronger's game went to hell after he got married.

And he could never control his damn temper on power plays. Used to bug the shit out of me. I'll miss the guy, but we'll see what these other guys have to offer.

10:35 AM  
Blogger Larry said...

If brewer plays up to his potential we are more than okay

11:12 PM  
Blogger Pumpkin Nutz said...

Jodie: Yeah i agree, we got 3 for one player. I think we definetly got a pretty good deal.

12:59 PM  
Blogger Captain Icehole said...

If "three for one" is the theory, I have 3 quarters that I will give to the first person who gives me one ten dollar bill!! Ha ha ha!

Actually, I do agree that at least we are getting a return for a player that may have walked at the end of the season anyway.

11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home