Saturday, August 20, 2005

The Hands On Approach

I have been lucky and played hockey with a bunch of great guys. One of which got married on Saturday. Steve, the groom, and his brother, the best man, Jason and groomsman, Nick are 3 such great guys. But lets flashback to my wedding 4 years ago.

We had, by what I was told, a fun reception (and one of the best Best Man Speeches ever). Kathy and I walked through an arch of hockey sticks and came in to the reception with the same music (from the Blues Brothers) that the Blues come out of the locker room to for the pre-game warmups and between periods. We had some good food, and of course, there was some "face humping" wherein Larry and Hackmeister were trying to assert their dominance - that is a story for a later time. For now we will just say that Larry has an infatuation with monkeys.

Anyway, we, and by we I mean Kathy, decided that we would do a "dollar dance". For this dance, I had every guy that I played hockey with pay at least a dollar to come up an squeeze my ass! Make no mistake, I thought that it was hilarious! So did everyone at the reception. If I am not mistaken, Larry was the first one to do this to me. Regardless, 15 times, I was groped. Out of those 15 times, none of those were by hot chicks - just dudes. This still amuses me to this day.

Fast forward to Saturday night. Larry has already told me to give Steve a grab for him. So I am more than happy to return the favor to Steve from 4 years earlier. So after the service in the receiving line, I give him the two handed squeeze and said, "Larry says congratulations!" Steve, Jason and Nick find this amusing as did those in the near proximity. We then get to the reception later and Steve is going to do the "dollar dance". So with a quick word to Kathy and Tina, I tell them that I am going to get a good one in. Steve will not be totally expecting it because of earlier and now we have cameras!

Jason who already knows what I am going to do as I am next in line, says for me it will be $3.00. I say, "I think I can cover that," and show him a $10.00. He smiles and I give him the cash turn Steve toward the cameras and ...






4 Comments:

Blogger Dirty Gypsy said...

That is SO true, Jodie.

And that first picture is the funniest thing I've ever seen. Great job, Joe. :)

9:34 AM  
Blogger Captain Icehole said...

Jodie, Happy Wednesdays are safe for now, but you never know!

Steph, the credit for that picture goes to Kathy. I told her that I would swing him around towards her, but she captured it perfectly!!

9:43 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

Ah, I have never seen 2 happier men in my life. Thanks, Joe.

4:06 AM  
Blogger Pumpkin Nutz said...

The picture is a classic! Nice one Joe!

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home