Saturday, August 13, 2005

Oh what a week.


So this week has been plenty busy. As most of you already know, I am mostly a stay at home dad. I have a job at an ice rink, but I take care of my 2 kids full time while my lovely wife works her butt off to pay the bills.

Anyway, my daughter, Delaney loves the Wiggles. So we got tickets awhile back to go to their concert. We were lucky and got great seats. They put on a wonderfully entertaining show and both Delaney and my son, Chase, were completely entertained - as were Kathy and I.

I know that I sound like a total Dad when I say that we were entertained but the show had a great deal of humor for the adults also. They had added in the intro to Stairway to Heaven during one part, made a joke about Ozzy Osbourne and did imitations of Rod Stewart, the Rolling Stones, Metallica and Enrique Iglasias and were constantly cracking each other up. Clearly they were having as much fun as we were. That always makes for a great show. You also know that it is a great show when, for and hour and fifteen minutes, you keep the attention of a toddler and an infant!

Nice job, Wiggles! See you next time you come to St. Louis!

5 Comments:

Blogger Dirty Gypsy said...

Joe, I'm glad you guys had such a great time. And yeah, keeping BOTH babies entertained has to be some sort of record. :) Ha ha!

But I still feel like if I ever do get married and have kids, my husband and I will draw straws to see who has to attend which cheesy kids events with our little *cough* angels *cough*. (Or we could just send them with you and Kathy...)

9:14 AM  
Blogger Larry said...

LMAO Roy.

Dude, Joe, you do know what comes after dad, don't you?

Grandpa. That's right. It's not too far off. Just remember, I'm here to prepare you for the inevitable.

9:05 PM  
Blogger Captain Icehole said...

Steph, I will gladly tkae your future tykes to see the Wiggles, everything else is your responsibility!!

Roy, that is disgusting and yet extremely hilarious!

Larry...

2:54 PM  
Blogger Captain Icehole said...

Secretly??? I would LOVE it! They are so entertaining and extremely talented... oh and they make obscene amounts of money!!!!

10:00 PM  
Blogger Captain Icehole said...

It's a LOCAL CELEBRITY sighting!! Welcome, Jamie!!

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home